Newark Charter School is a non-profit organization and a public charter school of the State of Delaware authorized by the Department of Education with the assent of the Delaware State Board of Education.
Newark Charter is in the process of a 9 year expansion. When the school is fully enrolled, (school year 2021-2022) the Kindergarten to Grade 12 enrollment will total 2,470 students.
Below are the enrollment figures for the 2014-15 school year:
- Primary School: Kindergarten to grade 3: 190 students per grade; approximately 22 students per class
- Intermediate School: grade 4 through 6: 190 students per grade; approximately 27 students per class
- Jr./Sr. High School: grade 7 to 11: 162 students per grade; approximately 27 students per class (adding grade 12 in 2016)
Total Enrollment for the 2014-15 school year is 1,950 students
We create and sustain an environment that prepares our students for citizenship in an increasingly global society, living and learning among peers whose perspectives and experiences differ from their own. We embrace differences and commonalities across race, nationality, gender, religion, physical appearance, learning ability, and socio-economic backgrounds. We value every student and consider their contribution significant
We maintain an unwavering commitment to student mastery of educational fundamentals (content) and development of critical thinking skills (process).
Since the school’s inception, NCS’s academic results have been consistently excellent:
- The Delaware Department of Education has given NCS its highest rating of “Superior School” every year.
- Statewide rankings published in the News Journal (July 2014) show that NCS ranked #1 in the state in 13 of 18 categories and #1, #2 or #3 in the state in 17 of 18 categories (Reading, Math, Social Studies and Science; grades 3-9).
- In 2014 Delaware’s Lt. Governor and the Secretary of Education cited NCS as a Recognition School: “Highest Performing School”.
- In 2010 was named a Blue Ribbon School for Academic Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education: our nation’s highest recognition for schools.
- In 2011, The Global Report Card, a product of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, ranked Newark Charter School # 2 on the national list for top performing schools or districts in reading.
- The Performance Framework analysis done by the Delaware Department of Education indicates that NCS’s rating is “Exceeds Standard”.
Newark Charter School Main site: http://ncs.charter.k12.de.us/pages/Newark_Charter_School
Newark Charter School HR site: http://ncs.charter.k12.de.us/pages/Newark_Charter_School/General_Info/Employment_Opportunities
Newark Charter School Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Newark Charter School Twitter page: https://twitter.com/