The Laurel School District is a public school district in Laurel, Delaware. This district inspires learning to assure college and career readiness through the provision of rigorous, student-centered instruction for the success of all students. Every student will have the academic, creative problem solving and social emotional skills to be successful in college and career.
The Laurel School District has several core values in order to maintain the stability of the district:
• Fully recognizing the right of all students to access the general education curriculum
• Honoring student diversity and providing inclusiveness
• Promoting self-advocacy, self-determination and social justice
• Professional excellence, integrity, and accountability to students, parents and stakeholders
• Preparing students for full, meaningful participation in our global society
• Effective and rigorous individualized education
• Provide meaningful and purposeful family engagement
• Engage in community partnerships to provide enrichment opportunities to enhance student learning
• Assuring College and Career Readiness for all students which includes the development of key cognitive strategies, academic knowledge and skills, academic behaviors and contextual skills and awareness
Laurel is a town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. Laurel is part of the Salisbury, Maryland- Delaware Metropolitan Statistics Area. The Laurel School District consists of 2 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school.
The Laurel School District, is excited to offer families and student scholars expanded resources to address personal needs such as depression, anxiety and social emotional issues. This district understands that nationally, at least 1 in 5 children and adolescents experiences a mental health challenge. These statistics represent all children no matter their gender, race or economic-social circumstance. This district wants to assure that all students have the ability to receive the help and support they need in order to increase our ability to fully support the whole child and family.