The Caesar Rodney School District consists of one high school, 3 middle schools, and 7 elementary schools, and has a total of 7,700 pupils. This district recognizes the value of each individual, and builds upon its commitment to excellence. This district is dedicated to the mission of preparing students for a successful, productive and purposeful life in a diverse, global community by providing quality educational opportunities for all students, and promoting caring attitudes through the school community. This district uses high quality assessments that both inform and evaluate. This district also prepares its students for a successful, productive and purposeful life in a diverse, global community. Additionally, the district takes pride in serving as a resource to its parents, students, and the community at-large that expects and supports a Tradition of Excellence.
The Caesar Rodney School District is known for its high academic standards, excellent athletic teams, support of the arts, and its positive staff and student attitudes. The district’s schools have recently received recognition as National Blue Ribbon Schools; National Title I Distinguished Schools; Superstars in Education; Advanced Placement Honor Roll; and Lt. Governor’s Award for Excellence in Parental Involvement. Additionally, the district offers employees competitive salaries, health, vision, and dental, disability insurances, and a New Teacher Mentoring Program to assist new teachers and the availability of a relocation assistance loan.
The Caesar Rodney School District is located about 2 miles south of Dover, the capital of Delaware. This district is in close proximity to universities such as Delaware State University, Wilmington University, University of Delaware, Wesley College, and Delaware Technical Community College. This district’s Division of Instruction is committed to serving students, parents, educators and the community in reaching a common goal of “providing quality educational opportunities for all students” to ensure they are college and career ready when they graduate. The division plans and supports research based professional development for teachers. Through support with curriculum, based on the Common Core State Standards, strong instructional practices serve the diverse needs of students.
The Caesar Rodney School District has a set of long-term goals for the bettering of the district, which it has and is currently acting upon:
- Meet or exceed the annual ESEA targets in all cells in the school accountability system.
- Maintain a safe environment in an atmosphere of caring discipline.
- Provide opportunities that encourage a partnership of families, district staff members, students and the community.
- Project revenue resources to maintain the strong financial position necessary to support the needs of the district.
- Coordinate the district’s resources and create a plan that aims to ensure all students enrolled in the Caesar Rodney School District for three or more consecutive years will perform at or above grade level by the end of the student’s third year of enrollment